Check out these local discounts for active adults in Sacramento.
Sacramento a wonderful city bustling with trendy restaurants, a vibrant nightlife, cultural hot spots, and lots of fabulous shopping. There’s never a shortage of things to do, see, and experience. While most active adults (55+) enjoy the unique amenities, golf courses, various social groups, and outdoor recreation found right in their active adult communities, they also enjoy exploring the City and discovering “hidden gems” just outside their neighborhoods.
As an active adult, wouldn’t it be great if you could experience some of Sacramento’s finest without breaking the budget? We’ve put together a list of some of our favorite deals in the Sacramento area. Whether you’re looking for a day trip to the zoo or a fun afternoon with the grand kids, check out some of these amazing deals!
Sacramento Regional Transit
RT travel is one of the easiest ways to get to and from the city. RT lines run throughout Sacramento and into Fair Oaks, Folsom, and beyond. You can check out their full train schedule here: www.sacrt.com. For passengers 62 and older, you only pay $1.25 each way or $3.00 for a daily pass.
California State Parks
California boasts amazing and majestic state parks. If you’re ready for a weekend adventure, adults age 62 and older will receive a $1 discount for vehicle day use and a $2 discount for family camping in most state parks. Just show your identification!
For those who want to stay in town, check out some of the city’s most famous historic state parks. These include: California State Capitol Park, Governor’s Mansion, Leland Stanford Mansion, State Indian Museum, Sutter’s Fort and the Old Sacramento State Historic Park. One of our favorites is the Old Sacramento State Historic Park. Explore historic buildings from the gold rush era and enjoy a peaceful picnic by the river. This a great spot to bring the grandkids and the entire family! – www.parks.ca.gov
With more than 500 animals comprised of over 140 different species at the Sacramento zoo, there’s plenty to see! Admission to the zoo is only $11 for adults over 65. Your grandkids will love the mammals, amphibians, birds, reptiles, and fish. The zoo also features a “Kids World” area with arts and crafts, imagination games, and animal education. As an added bonus, children under two are free. – www.saczoo.org
The Aerospace Museum of California
This spectacular museum is full of aviation history. It features both historical aircraft as well as the most current space vehicles and military aircraft. Anyone over 65 will only pay $6 for admission and children under five are free. – www.aerospaceca.org
If you’re just looking for some “everyday” discounts, check out this great list from www.theseniorlist.com. They’ve compiled a full list of discounts for active adults. We’ve modified this list to reflect the best discounts in our area. Check it out and start saving today!
*Remember these deals vary by location and are subject to change. You MUST ask for these discounts. They are not given automatically.
- Applebee’s: 10-15% off (may require Golden Apple Card (60+))
- Arby’s: 10% off – also reports of a free drink (55+).
- A&W All American Food: 10% Senior discount
- Ben & Jerry’s: 10% off for seniors (60+)
- Burger King: 10% off (60+) plus additional discounts on coffee and soft drinks
- Chili’s: Senior discount offers
- Dairy Queen: 10% off for seniors – (free small drink at some locations)
- Denny’s: Exclusive menu for guests over 55, 15% off for AARP members
- Dunkin’ Donuts: AARP members receive a free donut with the purchase of a large hot coffee
- IHOP: Great discounts on senior menu items (55+)
- Jack in the Box: up to 20% off (55+)
- KFC: Free small drink with any meal (55+)
- Krispy Kreme: 10% off (50+)
- McDonald’s: discounts on coffee everyday (55+)
- Fields: 10% off (60+)
- Outback Steakhouse: 15% off AARP members for meals Monday through Thursday (alcohol excluded)
- Papa John’s: 25% off (55+) for online orders. Enter the code “AARP25” when placing your order
- Sonic: 10% off or free beverage (60+)
- Subway: 10% off (60+)
- Taco Bell: 5% off; free beverages for seniors (65+)
- TCBY: 10% off (55+)
- Waffle House: 10% off every Monday (60+)
- Banana Republic: 10% off (62+)
- Dress Barn: 10% off Tues and/or Wed (call ahead-varies by location 55+)
- Goodwill: 10% off one day a week (date varies by location)
- Hallmark: 10% off one day a week
- Kohl’s: 15% off on Wednesdays (55+)
- Michael’s: 10% off on Tuesdays (with AARP card)
- Rite Aid: 10% off on Tuesdays & 10% off prescriptions
- Ross Stores: 10% off every Tuesday (55+)
- The Salvation Army Thrift Stores: Up to 50% off (55+)
- SteinMart: 20% off red dot/clearance items first Monday of every month (55+)
- Walgreens: 20% off once a month (55+ and AARP) “Balance Rewards” Card required