Sutter Creek is one of Northern California’s best kept secrets. Named after John Sutter, this area is known as the “Jewel of the Mother Lode.” Bursting with history and charm, visitors can take part in a guided tour of Main Street, visit historical homes and buildings, and learn about gold mining in the “Wild West.” But, Sutter Creek is not only for the history buffs. It is now a popular destination for wine enthusiasts. With its lush rolling hills and favorable climate, it’s the perfect location for small, family wineries. Sutter Creek produces some of the world’s finest and most diverse wines.
But don’t take our word for it. It’s time you checked out Sutter Creek for yourself! Here’s a list of our “Top 5” favorite things to do in Sutter Creek.
- 1st Saturday Amador Art Trek – Enjoy gallery hopping, meeting artists, and refreshments every 1st Saturday from June through December. You can pick up a brochure with participating galleries at amadorarts.org.
- Amador Flower Farm – This spectacular flower farm sits comfortably among world-famous wineries and historic Sutter Creek. They have 14 acres of gardens and nearly 1200 daylily varieties. The farm includes growing grounds, a potted plant area, and four acres of demonstration gardens. Bring a picnic lunch and enjoy a peaceful meal under the 300-year old Heritage Oak trees. (www.amadorflowerfarm.com)
- Villa Toscano Winery and Bistro – Wineries abound in Sutter Creek and Amador Valley but this is one of our favorites. Located in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley, this winery offers unparalleled views of rolling hills and vineyards. Enjoy world-class wine in their beautiful tasting room or sip your wine with a freshly made salad, handmade pizza, sandwich, or dessert in their Tuscan-style garden area. For winery location and hours, check out their website (villatoscano.com)
- Sutter Creek Cheese Shop – Visitors can’t stop raving about this place! Located on historic Main Street, the Sutter Creek Cheese Shop sells 80 different imported and domestic cheeses sourced from artisanal cheesemakers and small dairies. Their motto is “try it before you buy it” so you experience a full range of cheese options. They also sell specialty foods and handcrafted wine from fruit sourced right in the Sierra Foothills. For more information, check out their website (www.suttercreekcheese.com)
- If you’re interested in a relaxing weekend getaway, Sutter Creek has some amazing small inns and bed and breakfasts. These are some of our favorites:
We love Sutter Creek and can’t wait for you to see why it’s one of our favorite spots in Northern California. For more information, feel free to contact Witham Real Estate today!